FlixBus is a low-cost tech-forward bus service out of Europe. It is recently launched in the U.S this year. FlixBus has added a VR experience to some long-distance routes to and from Las Vegas. FlixBus VR feature includes 50 virtual reality games and travel experiences for travelers. The FlixVR feature is limited to routes from Tucson, Phoenix, Los Angeles, and San Diego. This feature will run for 3 months.
Passengers will get Virtual Reality Headsets after boarding. These VR headsets will be loaded with content. There are 2 VR headsets. The Pico Goblin 2 headsets are from Pico Interactive. Inflight VR, which provides the platform for airlines and airport lounges, will provide the content and software updates of the FlixVR.
This VR feature could be there for a long time if people use it, enjoy it, and don’t get any vertigo type illness. Also, FlixBus tested this VR features in France and Spain. There was positive feedback from people about the whole VR experience. FlixBus also picked those routes that tend to be straight and without a lot of winding roads. They did it to reduce the risk of a bad experience with the VR feature. This VR experiment matches the company’s tech-forward and youthful approach to bus travel.
Routes Offering FlixVR
- University of Arizona – Tucson – Tempe – Phoenix Airport
- University of Arizona – Tucson – Tempe – Phoenix Airport – Kingman N – Arizona/Nevada – Henderson – Las Vegas Downtown – Las Vegas Strip
- Tempe – Phoenix Airport – Kingman N – Arizona/Nevada – Henderson – Las Vegas Downtown – Las Vegas Strip
- University of Arizona – Tucson – Tempe – Phoenix Airport – Flagstaff
- LA Downtown – San Bernardino – Barstow Station – Las Vegas Strip – Las Vegas Downtown
- San Diego – Escondido – Riverside – San Bernardino – Las Vegas Strip – Las Vegas Downtown
(and vice versa)
FlixBus competes with Greyhound – a traditional bus company in the USA. But FlixBus has a different business model than Greyhound. It is more comparable to Uber. FlixBus is currently providing service in 28 different countries. It manages the ticketing, customer service, network planning, marketing, and sale of its product.
These local bus partners manage the daily operations of the brightly painted FlixBuses, which are outfitted with free Wi-Fi, power outlets at every seat and complimentary onboard entertainment portal.