If you are looking for the best programs to record screens in Windows, look no further. We have prepared a list for you with the best software to record your screen easily.
Today many activities need to record the computer screen. For example, if you dedicate yourself to doing tutorials or require the registration of a live video or call, the option is recording software. These programs are essential if you want to have available the registry of what happens on the desktop. Whether you want to record videos from a website or create your own videos, you need a screen recording program. Of course, each of these programs offers you different features and tools.
How to Choose the Best Screen Recording Program?
When looking for a program to capture the screen, there are several aspects to consider. On the one hand, it is always convenient that the software is intuitive and easy to use. It is also recommended that it supports keyboard shortcuts.
The best application to capture the screen in Windows should allow annotations. That is, after the screen has been recorded, you can edit and annotate over the video. This is important if you want to emphasize an element or clarify a point. Additionally, the best program for taking screenshots should be compatible with Picture-in-Picture recording. That is, you can record video from the screen and the webcam without problems.
Of course, a screenshot application should also provide you with support for exporting videos in different formats. The reason is obvious, as you will surely want to see the screen recording on your phone or other mobile devices.
Best Programs to Record Screen from Windows
Very good, now you have a clearer idea about the aspects to consider. So, take a look at this list of the best screen recorders for Windows. They are all free programs, and you can easily install them on your computer. In each choice, you can see the introduction and main features of each program.
The main attribute of these programs to record the screen in Windows is that they are free, at least in their package of basic functions. In addition, their installation is quite simple, and they are easy to use. Without further ado, let’s get started.
1. Camtasia Studio
It is a top-rated program for screenshots in Windows. It is widely used for making video tutorials, recording meetings, YouTube videos, training videos, and more. Its latest version is compatible with 64-bit processors and supports 4K videos. Other outstanding features include:
- Screen and audio can be recorded very clearly.
- It offers you the option to record video from the webcam.
- You can add effects to screen recordings.
- Includes music and audio library to personalize the recorded video.
- Titles and annotations can be included in screenshots.
- There is also the option to zoom, pan, add transitions, even create quizzes.
2. RecordCast Screen Recorder
RecordCast is one of the best programs to record screens, and you can also edit the video easily. This program stands out above many others for its simplicity, friendly interface, and vast set of great options. Although it should be noted that RecordCast has a defect that is completely in English, it is not really complicated to handle it. Among its main properties are:
- Screen recording with a microphone or system audio.
- It is also possible to record the screen and by the webcam at the same time.
- You can record the screen in three modes: full screen, chrome tab, or an application window.
- You can access preview and editing functions after screen recording.
- Record screen video without downloading any software.
- You can record your screen video to MP4 files.
3. Free Cam
Besides recording screens in Windows, it also works as a video editor. It is one of the most recommended options since all its functions are 100% free. The only downside is that you can only export videos in WMV format.
Outside of this, the program stands out for the following characteristics:
- It allows you to select an area to record the screen or the entire desktop.
- You can take screenshots while recording your voice using a microphone.
- It also allows you to record the sounds of your programs, even add background music to the videos.
- When recording the screen, you can emphasize important details with the cursor and mouse sounds.
- Thanks to its integrated video editor, you can remove unnecessary parts, remove background noise, adjust volume, add effects, and more.
- You have the option to share the screenshot directly to YouTube.
It is a program to record screens in Windows. It also has paid versions. However, the free version includes most of the functions. The software stands out for allowing intelligent capture and annotation when recording the screen. Other interesting aspects include:
- Capturing the screen when clicking or pressing a key.
- Every action on the desktop is captured as a slide.
- The screen can be recorded as a full-motion video.
- Video recordings can be embedded in a slide and added annotations, subtitles, or animation effects.
- You can also record system and microphone audio at the same time.
- The program allows you to record the screen and the webcam simultaneously or separately.
- It includes multiple options to edit videos and audio without quality loss.
- When you finish recording the screen, you can export your videos in MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, and WebM formats.
5. FlexClip Screen Recorder
FlexClip is a free screen recording program, with which you can also edit the video. It gives you the opportunity to record webinars and games, as well as make video tutorials. Its user interface is very nice and easy to assimilate. Among other things, the application allows you to:
- Select the application window or capture the entire screen, even just take a chrome tab.
- You can also record microphone and system audio while recording your screen.
- You have the option to specify the quality of the video output.
- It also supports screen recording with the superimposed webcam.
- You can annotate by adding text, arrows, and shapes to the recording or screenshot.
- When you finish recording your screen, you can share the video on YouTube, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Let’s see the interesting thing about this screen recording program is that it is online, so you do not have to download or install anything on your computer. Besides being super easy to use, it is 100% compatible with Windows 10, Linux, and also with Mac. Among its main attributes, Apowersoft has:
- It has a wide choice of formats to export, including ASF, AVI, FLV, GIF, MP4, MPEG, VOB, and WMV.
- It allows you to record chats, computer screens, live videos, and more.
- It is multiplatform.
- If you prefer, you can download the app and use it directly on your computer.
- The duration of the recording is up to you, so that you can save different types of content.
- It has a flexible screen capture option that allows you to choose a section of the screen or if you want all of it.
- You can make a recording of what was filmed on the webcam.
It is a fairly lightweight Windows-compatible screen recorder that offers high-quality visual results. It stands out for its wide use in video game recording, which has given it great popularity. Among other features that it has, Bandicam has:
- It allows the recording of the entire screen, as well as specific sections.
- It is compatible with games that depend on graphics technology in Vulkan, OpenGL, or DirectX.
- It allows you to record in 4K UHD video quality with a capture capacity of 480 fps.
- You can make recordings of external devices such as a webcam, video consoles, IPTV, tablets, smartphones, among others.
- You can record game videos that are in 2D and 3D format.
- It gives you the option to upload your videos directly to YouTube or Facebook.
This windows compatible screen recorder is a widely used alternative today. The reason is that it is simple to use and offers excellent results. Among the properties it has, Monosnap still has:
- Possibility of taking full screen, segment, or window captures.
- It has fast accessibility by keyboard commands.
- Allows you to record GIFs or videos.
- You can hide data through a tool called Blur.
- You can make annotations, insert titles, and edit.
- Once the video is made, you can save it on your PC, upload it to Monosnap Cloud Storage, Google Drive, Dropbox, and other storage services and integrations.
- It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
Anyway, the tools that the PC’s operating system brings by default to record are not enough. Therefore, external software has various tools and features, which adapt to what you want to do. To choose the right one, it is best to specify the activity that we are going to perform and install the most suitable screen recording program. In this way, you will be able to choose the best application to record the screen in Windows.